Saturday, October 21, 2006

The kitty is broked! :(

Our kitty decided to either jump, fall ,or get pushed off our balcony yesterday :(

I'm not 100% sure how it happened but it all started when I let both Tera and Nibbles out on the balcony (like I always do). Later I went and checked on them and I could only find Nibbles... so I went inside and looked around and couldn't find Tera. I went back out on to the porch and called to Tera and I hear "MEEEOOOOOOOWW" so I look down towards the sound of the meow and there are two little eyes starting up at me from underneath a car parked in the driveway. I ran down and got her and sure enough... her foot was clearly broken :-`(. After finding a vet that was opening soon (this happened at about 6:30 am) and finding a way to get to my car that was in the shop for repairs (thanks to Tom DeForest from IBM for helping with this), I brought her in for repair.

She fractured all three of the bones in the end of her left hind foot and will need to keep a splint on it for 4-6 weeks according to the vet. She stayed the night last night and they want to keep here over the weekend to keep an eye on some swelling that has developed in her foot. We should have her back Monday morning.... I cringe to think what I'm going to be charged for this :(

I did go and visit Tera today!! She was extremely happy to see me and she purred more than she has in a very long time :-) She cuddled right up to my arm and went to sleep. I stayed with her for about 2 1/2 hours and then the vet closed and kicked me out. She needed to eat anyways and I interrupted her lunch so its probably best that I had to leave anyway.

No comments: