Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Blue Man Group!

Tiff, Tom and I went to see the Blue Man Group (www.blueman.com) in Binghamton last night. The show was awesome!!

The pictures with the new Pentax K10D came out awesome considering the low-light shooting environment. My only two regrets are 1) Not getting to know the camera a little better 2) Shooting most of the night at ISO 1600 instead of ISO 800!! 800 is SSOOOOOOOOOOO much less grainy!! I spent quite a bit of time fishing for buttons and hunting for settings because I've only had the camera a couple of days. The opening act by Mike Relm was not very well lit which caused me to set my ISO at 1600 to be on the safe side. I then proceeded to shoot through most of the show at 1600 which produced noisy/grainy shots. They are still far better than I would have got with the DS, but I would have liked to take more at ISO 800 as the level of visible noise is far far far less! There are some shots taken at 800 in my Picasa gallery if you want to see the difference. I ended up shooting about 1200 pictures 106 of which made it into the Picasa gallery. 10% shooting rate is quite good in my opinion considering that I was shooting in low light, much of the time the subjects were moving rapidly, I did a lot of burst shooting and the lighting often changed rapidly as spot lights and colored lights lit up and faded away and bounced around the stage.

Anyways, we all had a blast and the show was really different and cool. Tiff really enjoyed herself which is the most important thing as she was the one who wanted to go originally.

Enjoy the photos ;)

Blue Man Group

No comments: